Thursday, April 10, 2008

100 Things

Ok, so Wallace (from our Wallace and Dee link) tagged me, so now I have to list 100 Random things about myself, so I'm going to do my best to do it...I really should be cleaning out my car, but I'll do that later. LOL Some of these things may be things you already know, some may not, but here we go:

1. I'm left handed
2. I'm a natural blonde
3. I always thought I'd have 2 boys, not 2 girls
4. I secretly wanted girls
5. I could've been named Mona Adabelle or Adabelle Mona if my parents hadn't loved me as much as they do
6. The boys name I would've been was worse...I refuse to publish it on the web!!
7. I secretly (or not so secretly) want to be a singer
8. I love to write....I started writing a novel when I was pregnant w/Hannah and still need to finish it.
9. The biggest compliment someone can give me is to say I'm like my Mom
10. I'm still terrified at the notion of being a mother, even though I've been one for over 3 years so far
11. I've been married to Seth for 7 years, 10 months today!!
12. I had a list of 22 characteristics I wanted in a husband that I wrote in high school, before I ever met Seth and he fits every single one of them.
13. I once played my bother's wife in a video for one of his school projects
14. I envy my brother's musical ability/creativity
15. I'm the least-tidy person I know...maybe tied w/Seth :o)
16. I'd sleep until noon everyday if I could...and go to bed at 10pm
17. I require at least 8 hours of sleep at night in order to function in a halfway decent mood
18. I dream in Gaelic at times, even though I've been away from Ireland for 4 years
19. I'm terribly afraid of spiders
20. I have a degree in education and a valid teacher's certificate though I haven't taught formally since 2002
21. I have little to no athletic talent
22. I wish I had athletic talent
23. I love a clean, tidy house, but hate working to get it that way
24. Being a stay at home mom is 10,000 times harder than I ever thought it would be
25. I never knew being a mom could hurt so much and feel so good at the same time
26. I miss living in Arizona terribly
27. I hate hot weather (ironic, given #26, I know)
28. I like sheep
29. My favorite coffee drink is a peppermint mocha
30. My favorite color is lavendar
31. I have scoliosis, pretty severely
32. When I eat small candies, like M&M's or Skittles, I have to put even numbered amounts in my mouth so I can chew the same number of candies on each side of my mouth
33. If listening to music when I walk, I have to step with my left foot on the downbeat, thanks to my marching band "training"
34. I LOVE TV...I'd have it on when nothing is on just for the noise...but I don't do that anymore b/c of the kids
35. I love many reality TV shows and have applied to be on several, including Wheel of Fortune (though that's a game show not reality TV)
36. I still want to be on The Price is Right even though Bob isn't the host anymore
37. I hate fish
38. I love fresh steamed broccoli and asparagus
39. I love the smell of cinnamon scented candles
40. I love to bake, but hate to cook
41. I hate doing dishes more than I dislike cooking
42. I like the idea of gardening but have no idea where to start
43. I've always wanted to lear how to paint
44. I fear having to bury my husband/children
45. I'm a sucker for a good romantic comedy
46. I'm addicted to the Yada Yada Prayer Group books and don't know what I'll do once I finish the last 2.
47. I tend to take the things most important to me for granted
48. The older I get the harder it is for me to be upfront about my emotions/thoughts...and it drives me nuts
49. I wish I was less pessimistic
50. I sneak a few Skittles from Hannah's treat bag when she gets some for using the toilet
51. I don't let my girls play outside as much as I should
52. I play the flute
53. I get carsick, but don't puke
54. I'd go to the mall just to walk around/people watch everyday if I could
55. I love maternity clothes and wish I could wear them even when I wasn't pregnant - they hide a multitude of flaws!!
56. I can't believe I'm barely halfway through this list!!!!
57. I have to be careful how much coffee/tea I drink in a day
58. I've never been to Hawaii
59. It still seems surreal to me that I've been to Ireland, England, Wales, Paris, Rome, Venice, Amsterdam....
60. I've lived in Texas for 4 years and have never been to the Alamo - and I"m ok with it
61. I absolutely hate living in Texas in the spring...tornadoes terrify me
62. Even though I roll my eyes and make fun, I love watching Seth get fired up over a sporting event
63. I love hearing Seth preach/teach the Bible
64. I started out in college wanting to be a physical therapist
65. I envy organized people
66. I want to learn to sew
67. I've had a wonderful giftcard for sewing lessons for 2.5 years and haven't been able to get to the lessons yet
68. I liked subbing more than having my own classroom
69. I hate politics
70. I haven't voted since the first time George W. was elected president....we went out of the coutnry and were never able to get absentee ballots and never registered for vote in Texas
71. I'm embarassed about #70!
72. I love to play games (Nertz, Uno, Phase 10) but rarely do
73. I'd eat pizza everyday if I could
74. I drive a mini-van and I'm proud of it!
75. I like to wait for someone to walk by my van when I'm not in it and activate the automatic doors and watch them freak out
76. I hate horror movies or anything scarey
77. I do not like roller coasters (only a select few)
78. I've not been to a regular doctor in 4 years
79. I've been to the dentist more in teh past 6 months than in the last 6 years combined
80. I hate going to the dentist
81. I still love to check the mail - and still get disappointed when its all junk/bills
82. I can't ever seem to get birthday cards in the mail on time
83. I'm a be-there-15-minutes-earlier-than-you're-supposed to kind of person
84. I think everyone else should be like #83, too
85. I love Easy Cheese
86. I really don't like hot dogs but HAVE to eat one when I go to a ball game
87. I rarely write using a pen/pencil anymore that it takes little more than writing out my shopping list for my hand to start hurting
88. I'm a cheapskate when it comes to buying shoes/clothes and don't want to pay more than $10 for ANYTHING
89. I have no idea what to get Cailyn for her birthday - and feel guilty about that for some reason
90. I read http://cfhusband.blogspot.com several times a day even though I've never met them
91. I would rather email than use the phone to conduct most business
92. I can't believe that I"m almost 30...it doesn't seem old at all, but just feels very odd
93. I overuse commas
94. I type "and" as "adn" almost everytime
95. I'm running out of things to list
96. My feet grew 1/2 size in pregnancy - and never went back
97. I still have a chicken pox scar from when I was 4 on my tummy
98. I have never broken a bone
99. I have to wear sunglasses whenever I go outside, even if its overcast/rainy (except at night, of course)
100. I bet you're singing "I wear my sunglasses at night" now. :o)

PHEW! Ok, now I tag Charity and Jenn S. ...dare I tag Basha's Mama??

7 comments:

Marc and Charity said...

Ok, I had a fear that you would tag me as I read through your list! :)

And I'll just say here that we are SO the some on numbers:

12-made my list in jr. high and it had 15 qualities in it

44
51
61
90
94

:)

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! now... wasn't that great? I loved reading it... and I learned a couple of things too!


a couple of questions/comments:

5 - thanks for that bit of info... it won't come back to haunt you... lol...

12 -What is up with girls making lists?

28 - I've got some pictures for you... will post them next week.

32 - ?

37 - just in general... or to eat?

72 - we will have to work on that!

91 - that surprises me

96 - I didn't know that was possible.

Seth, Jen, Hannah, Cailyn, and Isaac said...

Wallace -

5: thanks!!!
12: its in the class all girls take :o)
28: Can't wait!!! Its LAMB season!!
32: That's just part of the wonderfulness that is me. :o)
37: LOL Mostly to eat, but some of them do creep me out!
72: most definitely!!!
91: not with friends/family, but business stuff
96: Yes, its one of those fun little tidbits those cheesy TV shows don't tell you about.

Seth, Jen, Hannah, Cailyn, and Isaac said...

Charity - hehehe I'm glad we're so similar! I have to admit I was kind of hoping you'd be with me on #32 as well, but I may be alone in the world on that one. LOL

Anonymous said...

i so agree with/identify with:
#16
#17
#33
#45
#81
#98

about #32, i usually color coordinate mine before i eat them

#66- i want to learn too, maybe we could get charity to show us how!!

and finally #29- i know where all the coffee shops/cafes are that serve mint mochas! will be happy to introduce you to them all!!!

The Blessed Bryants said...

Jen...I want to be on The Price is Right too!! I always have. My goal was to be on before Bob was off but that didn't happen. I LOVE that show. I'll admit...I get teary eyed when people win big on there!! : ) Loved your list!

Missy

Amy said...

You play nertz!?!?!??!?! I don't know many people who know that game! We taught the "old" group of teens a long time ago so we'd have someone to play with!!!